Friday, December 17, 2010

oh the places you'll go!

so it's unofficially official.
i'm a college grad!
time for your best celebratory shriek 
(because you're ecstatic I didn't COMPLETELY lose my mind while surviving this semester)
and wolf whistle 
(because you already know how cute I'll be in my cap come April).
:)

I thought I'd have more to say about being done.
about bidding farewell to my days as a Cougar and college coed.
But the truth is, it hasn't quite hit me.
And I'm not so sure it will.


Not anytime soon at least.


I'm guessing reality will set in on January 10.
That'll be the 2012 of my school career,
the day I realize my undergrad days are GONE.
gone forever.


What's interesting, though, is that my day to end all days will, 
at the same time, 
be a start.


A start to the days I'll envy Parker for trotting off to campus at the crack of dawn to spend five-plus hours breaking down syllabi.
The days I'll go a little green over all his "learning opportunities"
a.k.a. listening to LONG chem lectures and wasting away weekends on studying 
The days I'll look on longingly as he hunkers down to do homework.


Oh the "grass is greener" syndrome.
Gotta love it.


Luckily I have post-finals euphoria to keep me free from it over Christmas break.
My plan.
Pretend school doesn't exist.
Pretend work doesn't either.

Then
partyparty. and party some more.


And as soon as January 10 rolls around
do everything else I can to avoid facing the finality of finishing my last batch of finals 
and what, realistically, needs to come next.
deciding where to go from here...


Oh the places I'll go to find new ways to fill my time!
I'll let you know what I come up with...
:)


'Til then,
I'm signing off for 2010.


send me off Dr. Seuss...
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!



And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)

Kid, you’ll move mountains!
Oh yes you will!
...be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bill 
or Mrs. Chelsey Brianne White DeMille

You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your 2011 is waiting.
so get on your way!

2 comments:

  1. I thought you had one more semester??? Congratulations! Are you walking or did you yesterday? I'm lost and confused! But congratulations and have fun on that journey to the places you'll go! Love ya, Uncle Mike & Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so proud of you, Chels! With all of the Christmas hub-bub and family coming and going, your congrats got a bit lost in the shuffle. We're so proud of you but not surprised that you nailed it this semester AND survived your insane schedule. You don't have any idea how many prayers I said in your behalf as you burned up the I-15 these past months. You have SO many places to go and people to meet...life is just beginning and we're so proud of you! Love you...plan on saving us a seat come April when you grab that well-earned diploma--we wouldn't miss it!

    ReplyDelete