Saturday, July 10, 2010

fireworks

Happy 4th of July!!!

Parker and I spent this year's 4th down in Richfield for the second year in a row. This little town never ceases to amaze me on the 4th. I LOVE that they go all out—the Main Street Parade, Liberty Fun Runs, BBQs, banners, and personal fireworks displays comparable to those you'd see over Tahoe. It's really a sight to see!

One of the best parts of this 4th was the chance I had to think back on where we were just a year ago. We'd been dating for about 4 months. I'd been fighting my feelings for Parker every step of the way. I just could not imagine marriage being anywhere in my immediate future, no matter how much I loved this boy.

Even still, by the end of my 4th of July weekend in Richfield I knew. I knew my future held many more years with Parker. I knew someday his family could be my own. I knew I'd be happy there.

Everything that weekend was just too easy. I had so much fun with everyone, felt so at ease, and the more I saw Parker around his family the more I knew he'd be everything I could ever ask for.

It's one of my fondest memories and definitely one of the greatest "ah-ha" moments I've had in life.

This year was just the sameI felt right at home there in Richfield. The DeMilles were always so great about opening their home to me while we were dating that it feels just right being there now. I'm not this stranger to the family I really haven't ever been. They've brought me in from Day 1 and I'm so grateful for it!

Highlights from this year...

1. LOADS of "Red Baron" filled with Parker's celebrating 4 wins in a row, Kirk spouting off Nacho quotes like it's his job, Lara cool, calm, and collected as ever, Dave the rookie coming in like a pro, Kaitlin's shuffling crises, and Kristy's "competition against herself." I love how this game's become a family past-time!

2. Tristan & Kirk's "semi-legal" fireworks show

3. Watching the kids marvel at the lights

4. Looking like a spaz trying to throw a frisbee left-handed

5. Navajo Tacos, BBQ chicken, steak, potatoes, salad, raspberry chocolates, M&M'syou name it!
We get so chubby when we go to Richfield.

6. Wedding shopping at Christensen's and Ace (Parker, Tristan, Dave & Carson had quite the party shopping for tools JJJ)

7. Slushies from Ideal Dairy (YUM!)

8. The Bachelorette (of course!) with all the husbands asking us to up the volume so they could hear JJJ

9. Tristan's Vienna sausage reference.

10. And, of course, Richfield city's fireworks display. This little city never disappoints!

God bless America, land that I love.
Stand beside her and guide her through the night with the light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies, to the oceans, white with foam.
God bless America, my home sweet home.

I feel so lucky and blessed to have the liberties and freedoms we enjoy in this great nation and pray that life may always stay this way.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment