Wednesday, July 21, 2010

wet n' wild


This last Friday marked our very FIRST boating trip as husband and wife.

I'd been on the houseboat. Parker'd been out with Chris. Somehow we just couldn't find a way to make it a trip for two.
Luckily Parker has the most amazing parents who graciously offered to take us out on the one day I had off. Parker had an "equipment rodeo" at work (I won't even comment) and had the freedom to leave his little fiesta early. Happy day!
And of course we couldn't leave Kaitlin! She ran through all her assistant duties like a pro and was in the car playing referee before she could even consider another option.
The lake started out a bit rough but by the end of the night its murky green waters were like crystal with the sun glimmering off its perfect surface (I know the typical boating term for good water is "glass," but I googled the difference between the two and discovered crystal sparkles more than glass...in case you wanted to add that to your random-fact-book).

I realized how much I'd missed seeing my Parker out there on his board! He is so talented and seems so at ease out on the water...like his board is just an extension of his body. It blows my mind! And did you know—he flies! He floats above the water whenever he jumps and 99.9% of the time it looks like he's investing zero effort into the tricks I pour my heart and soul into. It's ridiculous...but so cool.

Kristy leaned in to me during out little trip and said I must be so much prouder when I watch him now because he's my husband. Truth is, I think it's one of the many reasons I fell in love with him. His fearlessness was so attractive to me when we were dating, and I remember looking out there and watching him thinking I was so lucky to be "his" girl.

On the houseboat last year my friend Tiffany watched as he landed yet another tantrum. She asked, "Is that just so sexy to you?" My answer, "oh baby yes!" J
In addition to Kristy spoiling us with all the classic boat-dinner fix-ins and Tristan's seemingly endless patience as we all took "just one more run", the highlight of the night for me...my new board!

Parker won this board way back in February when he submitted an email for the Utah boat show's giveaway competition. He explained how much it hurt his little heart to see his fancée struggle to adjust from one board to another while he enjoyed the perfect water and that, as poor soon-to-be newlyweds, he knew he'd never be able to change that for me on his own.

Which brought us to today. I traded in the Frankenstein-size bindings we'd won and watched as my husband snapped the new perfectly matched pair into place. I'm so glad I have him to take care of me!! He took pictures like a proud parent as I readied myself for my very first run in the water and then, after an icy-cold plunge, I was off!
I couldn't stop smiling! Everything about this board fits me perfectly and as I rode out there I just couldn't get over the fact it was mine. Mine to keep an to love and to wreck on without any feelings of guilt. I love it! (Not to mention that it's PINK...that just screams Chelsey right there).

Needless to say it was a perfect night! Spending time in a place we love with people we love so much. I can't wait 'til we're back at it again.

Thank you Kristy and Tristan for always being so good to us and Kaitlin for putting up with our antics (and being my rebellious little reading buddy in the car J). We love you!

P.S. If we can still be this in love after 36 years—Parker holding me on his lap as we laugh at our inability to take a decent picture togetherI will be forever happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment